We started with mental image of the arctic trapping at Svalbard as stereotype and only for men. After a while we had a performance presenting very different characters, mostly women.
All of them had their owm reason for going there; one to hunt, one together with her husband and one to work as a pilot. The stories of these different personalities is an artic treasury for theatre! Welcome to a humorous performance!
In Polarias cinema the performance finishes with the spectacular movie «Svalbard – Arctic Wilderness», made by Ivo Caprino.
In cooperation with:
- Maja Bohne Johnsen and Pernille Dahl Johnsen, who has contribute to develop the performance
- Aud Kirsti Pedersen for her great knowledge on dialects, and that she so willingly share her lingual advices with us.
In the production we have especially utilized:
- «Svalbard´s daughters, by Ingrid Urberg
- «Perfume and motor oil», by Ingrid Pedersen
- «A woman in the polar night», by Christiane Ritter
- «First female trapper at Svalbard», by Wanny Woldstad.
When can I see it:
It is performed at request
Where can I see it:
In the cinema at Polaria
We also have a tour version