Theatre walk in the centre of Tromsø. The town’s exciting past comes to life when the local polar pioneer Wanny Woldstad, takes you through her Tromsø and her life;
«In the 20’s the Arctic hunt was the Klondyke of the North. Just at that time I moved to Tromsø to build my future as a housewife. But then life made a different turn … »
Welcome to a real taste of the Arctic!
When can I see the Theatre walk?
The Theatre Walk can be played at request.
Telephone: +47 952 80 775, Email: email@example.com
Where can I see Theatre walk?
Storgata, (Mainstreet), Tromsø centre
The Theatre walk starts at the Main square, Tromsø city centre
Grown ups/can be seen by everybody
350 NOK per person
In the show Polar Profiles we present a lot of different persons whom the Arctic hunt brought to Svalbard. The Tromsø lady Woldstad was one of them. In Walk with Wanny we brought the character out to the mainstreet. Her life was a perfect frame for presenting the special time of Arctic hunt in Tromsø, when adventure and every day life walked hand in hand.
If you want to learn a litle about Tromsø, and have a great experience, this is what to do in Tromsø.
In cooperation with:
- Our great audience, big smiles and a warming applause with woolen mittens and gloves
- Aud Kirsti Pedersen, for her extensive dialect knowledge and for so willingly sharing her language advices with us.
- Sigmund Sæverud, for -as always, good councel and advice.
- Harald Johannesen og Svenn Johannesen for the informative talk about the Arctic explorers and Tromsø
- In deveoping the theatre walk we have especially made use of the Tromsø Museum Magazine OTTAR nr 5/88, nr 5/98 and nr 3/99, the books “FRAM mot Nordpolen” (“FORWARD toward the North Pole”) by Susan Barr and “Hjalmar Johansen” by Einar Østvedt.
- In the walk we also perform Prospero’s epilogue from “The Tempest” by William Shakespeare, translated by Andre Bjerke.